KAPP/KVEW TV, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people-first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KVEW TV in Kennewick, WA is seeking a detail-oriented candidate to work in our Master Control department. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and can think quickly in a pressure situation, then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- On air switching, program recording & prep
- Aggressive monitoring of network transmissions for quality control
- Solve/troubleshoot problems in a crisis situation, i.e., computer/equipment malfunction or failure
- Keep detailed logs and maintain records
- Read television programming log to ascertain name of program or station break, and at what time program or station break is scheduled to air
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to do quick and accurate basic math
- Good knowledge of computer use
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work without supervision
- Constant attention to detail and excellent project management skills a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and think quickly under pressure
- Knowledge of basic video file formats and non-linear video editing is a plus
- Solid understanding of file and folder management under Windows 7
- Knowledge of Grass Valley Edius Software is a plus
- Ability to watch several monitors at once while listening to multiple audio sources
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds or more
- 1 year Master Control experience and/or 2 years college or technical school, preferred
- SBE Operator Certification, preferred
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive business that values our employees, our culture and our community.
- We are a team of talented and creative professional. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays.
- Click below for online application instructions
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2020-07-28 18:28:48