Account ExecutiveNovember 29, 2021
Part-Time Studio TechnicianSeptember 20, 2022
WKBT News 8 Now is looking for a reporter who is motivated to take the next step in their career. You are a strong, engaged, and animated communicator who wants to cover the stories that matter to the Coulee Region through strong storytelling and from the anchor desk.
Here’s what our ideal candidate needs to know:
- This is the type of market where you can collaborate with other news professionals, advance your career, and make an immediate contribution.
- We will provide you with the opportunity to be an excellent storyteller; great at live shots and dedicated to digital.
- You may be tapped to anchor other shows as needed, not just on holidays.
- We provide regular, constructive feedback from an experienced team and an outside storytelling coach.
- You’ll need a passion to look beyond an event or press release to provide context to the stories you’re assigned.
- Catering to your strengths, you may work as a morning or dayside MMJ.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a photographer on a regular basis and will not do your own live shots.
- We love innovation when it comes to workflow, content, and training, and we want to hear your ideas.
- 2-4 years of reporting experience/live reporting, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual storytelling.
- Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and social media platforms.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites and social media platforms.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. of gear and to sit, walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
Morgan Murphy Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees and our communities.