Located in Madison, WI
Family-owned Morgan Murphy Media is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist for an exciting opportunity to join our team of accounting professionals. Our impressive portfolio of media entities includes WI-based Television and Radio Stations, Local News Websites, and a Print Publication. Becoming part of our team allows you to grow your career and become an integral part of our financial operations while working for a fast-paced and growing industry.
We are looking for an accounting professional that not only has proven success in a financial position but also has exceptional communication skills and the desire to bring innovative ideas to the table in helping us to create internal efficiencies.
In addition to being responsible for the receivables process, this position will support the company controller and perform other accounting functions. If you have an education and work experience in Accounting and you possess exceptional multi-tasking and customer service abilities, then we’d like you to become part of our team!
Primary Job Duties
· Work with clients concerning issues with their accounts and follow through with timely corrective measures under the supervision of the controller
· Prepare account reconciliations as needed and assist with annual audit
· Post payments from clients daily to their accounts in an accurate and timely manner, looking for any issues that can be addressed through cash application
· Monthly invoice generation
· Work internally with account executives to process credit and ensure collection
· Process Accounts Receivable adjustments and related transaction and maintain the accounts receivable aging
· Minimum 2-year accounting degree
· 2-years Accounts Receivable or related experience
· Microsoft Office expertise, including Excel and Word
· Desire to learn new software such as MMM business systems
· Strong attention to detail, proven ability to multi-task, and effective communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 2019-11-01 15:25:10