4 News Now, the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
Are you a storyteller who likes to dig and really wants to win on the big stories? Can you tell a feature story as well as you can cover a breaking crime scene? Can you anchor the news in a way that connects with the community while also informing? We’d love for you to join our team. We have an immediate opening for a anchor/multi-media journalist in an innovative, close-knit newsroom that is committed to journalism and its values. You’ll develop your own stories and also, at times, work alongside our team of experienced photojournalists. You’ll anchor our weekend newscasts. We’re a newsroom that thrives on growth and teamwork. You'll join a family-owned company in the beautiful northwest, where you can enjoy a thriving city without the hour-long commute to work. Spokane is surrounded by beautiful scenery, lakes and mountains and has more than enough news to keep a journalist engaged.
What you’ll do:
- Develop assigned stories from news leads
- Anchor weekend newscasts; fill-in on other newscasts as needed
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories
- Help produce weekend newscasts
What you’ll bring:
- 4 year degree; Journalism degree preferred
- Innate curiosity about the world around you
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
- Ability to edit video on Avid editing systems, or similar equipment
- Possess strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Strong news judgment and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- 2+ years experience as a Multi-Media Journalist preferred
- Anchoring experience preferred
What 4 News Now offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Mentoring and training programs to promote success in your role
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? We want excited, passionate journalists with great ideas and the ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom with a great team. Click below to apply on-line and attach your resume and link!
4 NEWS NOW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2020-11-12 18:40:44