KAPP/KVEW TV & Phase 3 Digital, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people-first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
You will represent KAPP/KVEW TV and our Digital properties and will be involved in all areas related to new business development. You will collaborate with national rep firm representatives, the national and regional buying community, national and regional planners, local points of contact and General Sales Manager to grow national and regional transactional and digital market share and revenue advertising. You will interact and utilize all sales resources including Research, Traffic, Web, Mobile applications and Integrated Marketing as appropriate.
What you’ll do:
- Develop budgets
- Responsible for achieving targeted monthly goals with National, Regional and new media
- Coordinate and conduct quarterly entitlement meetings
- Maintain and grow digital and broadcast market share through the delivery of parity or higher audience share
- Consistently seek new business opportunities
- Negotiate avails, approve make-goods, create competitive national rates and sell station spots and specials
- Process national orders under the supervision of the General Sales Manager
- Keep current advertisers as well as prospects informed about programming, pricing, packages, special opportunities, market research and trends, and maintain personal contact with spot offices, agencies and regional clients
- Provide forecast guidance on a weekly and quarterly basisand work with advertisers and reps to achieve plan
- Target existing accounts to increase shares of business
- Cultivate and maintain positive professional relationships with advertisers, support team, and co-workers
- Work closely with General Sales Manager in pricing and managing inventory to effectively sell stations to all accounts, local and national
What you’ll bring:
- College degree in related field; three or more years of experience in national sales management, integrated selling and digital advertising preferred
- Experience with Katz or Cox representatives
- An understanding of strategic account management, ratings, and digital execution
- Excellent negotiation skills with strong understanding of sales techniques and fundamentals
- Excellent presentation skills
- Successful past experience meeting deliverables
- An acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
- Ability to communicate effectively using exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: Windows environment, Power Point, Excel, Word
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to travel
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive business that values our employees, our culture and our community.
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- We offer an extensive sales process training program to ensure your success.
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays.
- Retirement savings plan
- Monthly allowance for mileage and cell phone
Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and cover letter!
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-06-14 18:01:40