The Victoria Television Group of Morgan Murphy Media has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled Chief Meteorologist. The ideal candidate is someone who knows the science but can tell a relatable weather story. Our next meteorologist will be an experienced journalist who will lead our weather coverage and deliver forecasts for television, digital, and social audiences. They will strive to keep our viewers and employees safe, convey an appropriate tone, and stay cool under pressure. In all roles, creativity, flexibility, and an interest in digital and social media is a must.
- Prepare and deliver urgent, compelling weather forecasts and presentations that connect across all platforms.
- Aggressively handle severe weather coverage with a priority on clarity and urgency.
- Get our viewers ready for their day with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
- Simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms.
- Utilize all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
- Deploy into the field during weather events
- Summarize facts and clearly communicate content for broadcast and digital
- In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting
- Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Knowledge in interpretation and translation of high powered radar data
- Proficient in using WSI or Baron Graphics and technology
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics.
- Knowledge of the Gulf Coast Hurricane Zone and how to report from that environment is preferred
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or related field
- CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
- Military training and experience will be considered
Are you excited? So are we. Send your resume, salary requirements, and digital link to work samples to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer
Posted on 2020-02-07 15:01:28