The Victoria Television Group, a Morgan Murphy Media company has an immediate opening for an innovative, audience-minded Digital Content Manager at KAVU-TV.
You’ll work with the news team to produce compelling content on CrossroadsToday.com, our app, and social media platforms owned and operated by The Victoria Television Group. You'll join a close-knit news family in the Crossroads close to Houston, Austin, and Corpus Christi.
What you’ll do:
- Create, develop, and manage content for KAVU-TV and Crossroads Today digital properties
- Help coordinate web projects
- Work with the News Director to formulate a plan that maximizes the success of our digital properties
- Update the news staff daily on performance of content across platforms; updates news staff as trends change throughout the day
- Produce compelling, timely digital content with an emphasis on promoting Crossroads Today and KAVU-TV brands
- Drive online audience growth strategy through news/marketing initiatives and publishing compelling content
- Proactively seek out and publish content, generate story ideas, and promote Crossroads Today through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
What you’ll bring:
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adapt to flexible schedules and thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress, SEO, RSS and FTP
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or a related field
- Previous newsroom experience
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Chartbeat or similar
- Well-versed in AP style
What the Victoria Television Group offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture, and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals.
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
- The Victoria Television Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on 2021-02-04 09:12:44