KXLY4 News, a Morgan Murphy Media company and the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
Want to work in a newsroom where you have the creative freedom to try new things? Come work for KXLY4 News. We have an immediate opening for an innovative, audience-minded Digital Content Manager to help execute the vision of our content platforms. You’ll work collaboratively with news, promotions, production and sales departments to increase TV ratings, web traffic, and total revenue by producing compelling content on KXLY websites, apps, mobile sites, and social media platforms. You’ll use data and digital metrics to understand and assess audience behavior, guiding strategy and a team of digital journalists to deliver content to key audiences. You'll join a close-knit news family in the beautiful northwest, where you can enjoy a thriving city without the hour-long commute to work.
What you’ll do:
- Work with local and corporate partners to help develop and adapt strategies for digital platforms
- Create, develop and manage content for KXLY’s digital properties
- Help coordinate web projects across news, sales and promotion departments
- Work with News Director to formulate a plan that maximizes the success of the digital content team
- Update the News staff daily on performance of content across platforms; updates news staff as trends change throughout the day
- Produce compelling, timely digital content with an emphasis on promoting the KXLY 4 News brand
- Drive online audience growth strategy through news/marketing initiatives and publishing timely, compelling content
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through webinars, industry websites and other training opportunities
- Track and report on all site metrics as requested and adjust digital strategy based on key metrics
- Teach and coach others to participate in the station's web efforts
- Work cooperatively with key team members, station's news, promotion and advertising staff, clients and vendors
- Proactively seek out and publish content, generate story ideas, and promote the KXLY 4 News brand through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Seek out ways to leverage KXLY content on OTT platforms to maximize content reach & station revenue
What you’ll bring:
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adapt to flexible schedules and thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field preferred
- Previous newsroom experience preferred
What KXLY offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
KXLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2018-10-17 14:01:29