Do you want to work in a newsroom where you have the creative freedom to try new things? WISC (News 3 Now) and Channel3000.com, a Morgan Murphy Media company and the CBS affiliate in Madison, Wisconsin, has an immediate opening for an innovative, audience-minded Digital Content Manager to help execute the vision of our content platforms. As part of a family-owned, people-first newsroom, the community is at the core of what we do and who we are, and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
You’ll work collaboratively with news, promotions, production and sales departments to increase digital traffic, TV viewership and total revenue by producing compelling content on Channel3000’s websites, apps, mobile sites, and social media platforms. You’ll use data and digital metrics to understand and assess audience behavior, guiding strategy and a team of digital journalists to deliver content to key audiences. You'll join a close-knit news family in Madison, Wisconsin, where you can enjoy a thriving city with local sports, quality restaurants, and plenty of outdoor lakes and parks to explore.
What you’ll do:
- Work with local and corporate partners to help develop and adapt strategies for digital platforms
- Create, develop and manage content for Channel3000’s digital properties
- Help coordinate web projects across news, sales, and promotional departments
- Work with the News Director and Assistant News Director to formulate a plan that maximizes the success of the digital content team
- Update the news staff daily on performance of content across platforms; updates news staff as trends change throughout the day
- Produce compelling, timely digital content with an emphasis on promoting the Channel3000 and News 3 Now brands
- Drive online audience growth strategy through news/marketing initiatives and publishing compelling content
- Proactively seek out and publish content, generate story ideas, and promote the Channel 3000 and News 3 Now brands through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Seek out ways to leverage Channel 3000 content on OTT platforms to maximize content reach and station revenue
What you’ll bring:
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adapt to flexible schedules and thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress, SEO, RSS and FTP
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- Previous newsroom experience
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Chartbeat or similar
What Channel 3000 offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below to apply on-line and please include your resume!
Morgan Murphy Media is an equal opportunity employer
Posted on 2020-09-30 16:29:18