4 News Now, a Morgan Murphy Media company and the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
Want to work in a newsroom where you have the creative freedom to try new things? Want to produce and present compelling, informative content across all platforms? Come work for 4 News Now. We're looking for a smart, creative, hard-working, engaged storyteller to serve as our Digital Content Producer. You'll do everything from posting news content on social platforms to creating digital videos on everything from politics to local bars and restaurants. You'll work closely with our experienced team of TV news journalists and web publishers to curate and create the best content on the web, adding our own local spin to generate interest and engagement. You’ll even have the opportunity to increase your skill set by learning to produce newscasts for television. Your work will have meaning, as we strive to tell the stories that connect our audience to their community. And because we know it’s about more than just the job, we’re proud that you’ll work in an up and coming city with an exciting food scene, a wide range of outdoor adventures and hardly any traffic to slow you down!
What you’ll do:
- Research, create and publish online text, photos, and video to company websites and social media accounts
- Communicate and facilitate social media publishing efforts of entire news team
- Take an active role in daily editorial meetings and creating daily news agenda
- Engage in regular and weekly meetings to develop strategies for online content and audience engagement
- Closely monitor social media and other digital accounts to track audience metrics and achieve goals
- Cross-train to produce television newscasts as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in the newsroom or on location
- Must work well under pressure and on deadline
- Comfortable working both individually and in a team environment
- Knowledgeable about popular and emerging social media platforms
- Experience shooting and editing video
- 4 year degree with an emphasis in Journalism or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of newsroom computer systems preferred
What 4 News Now offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and cover letter!
4 NEWS NOW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-05-10 16:15:35