News 3 Now/WISCTV understands that professional opinion and public affairs programming are amongst the many responsibilities of community-minded broadcasters and journalists. We truly care about the communities we serve and are looking for somebody who can be the voice for the company in our efforts of being a community leader. The ideal candidate for this role will be a journalism-rooted professional who can build on established relationships with public and private, community and business leaders, and more importantly, develop new relationships to expand our already impressive roster of community partners.
This role will include responsibilities such as: accepting invitations to facilitate, moderate, and participate in civic conversations, inviting community members to meet with and advise us, soliciting a broad range of community members to contribute to our content on air, online, and in print, and of course advocating for important civic projects and issues. This is an extremely unique opportunity within the market and one of the few positions like this at local media company in the country.
What you’ll do:
- On-air TV Editorials: Provide insight and substance on a consistent schedule through 60-second TV editorials. Constantly coordinate with community leaders to coach and guide a program of guest editorials to offer a voice a to a wide variety of community opinions.
- Community Affairs: Host weekly community affair TV program. Be the portal for community members, groups and organizations to access our resources and explore potential partnerships, sponsorship, etc. This is an important connector role between community members and our station.
- Community Relations: Build and maintain relationships with key community leaders, public figures, business and non-profit leaders and other wielders of influence. Engage with all members of our community through social and digital media.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with opinion and persuasive writing. On-air television experience preferred.
- Connection to local community leaders and willingness to create a broad and diverse network of contacts
- Deep understanding of important issues to the residents of south-central Wisconsin
- Comfort with public speaking and engagement
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
Are you excited? So are we. Apply online at https://morganmurphymedia.com/apply-online/ to get started!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 2020-09-04 13:28:51