News 3 Now is looking for an anchor with a proven track record to spearhead our hour-long 9:00 p.m. newscast, aired on Fox 47. This is not a position for someone who just wants to sit behind the desk. We’re looking for an engaging storyteller, who can both present the news and gather it. This person will be responsible for enterprise, promotable content each week, and will function as a breaking news reporter for other shows. This person should want to be in front of the big story of the day.
This person will need to know how to present stories that capture an audience and when to let your personality shine. You'll be asked to be a storyteller which will include shooting and editing. Attention to detail, excellent writing skills, solid journalistic judgment, and leadership qualities are vital for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Anchor the hour-long 9:00 p.m. newscast on Fox 47
- Develop promotion-worthy enterprise story ideas, and shoot, edit and present them for television.
- Work with news and station management to set strategy and deliver on audience goals.
- Publish content and engage with audiences through social and digital channels
- Develop coverage plans for large news events, and manage an ongoing promotional content schedule.
- Fill-in as a reporter or anchor as assigned by News Director
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an on-air role, with at least one year as an anchor
- Four-year degree in journalism, communications or equivalent field preferred
- Ability to present news stories professionally from a TV studio
- Proficient at posting content to various websites and social media platforms
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Working knowledge of newsroom software, camera equipment, and editing systems
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and to sit, walk or stand for long periods
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
We are an equal opportunity employer
Posted on 2020-01-21 09:28:50