4 News Now, the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
Love reporting stories that impact the community, instead of chasing day-turns and car crashes? Are you ready to join a team that values people-powered journalism and community impact? This job is the one you’ve waited for. Create, promote and present investigative and enterprise content for a TV newsroom and digital platforms. The Investigative and Enterprise Content Reporter will develop investigative content from conception to presentation. Work with the news team and news managers to create content and find the best way to present that content across platforms. This position focuses on impact and solutions. You’ll work on big projects, but also enhance weekly newscasts with rich coverage that goes beyond the news of the day.
What you’ll do:
- Generate ideas on original stories of local impact
- Research stories, set up/conduct interviews
- Shoot video and/or work with photographers
- Work with digital producers on concepts for presentation across platforms (Instagram, OTT, Facebook, website, etc.)
- Work with promotions team to generate interest in enterprise content
- Work with other newsroom managers and promotions to strategically place content in newscasts
What you’ll bring:
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience; Journalism degree preferred
- TV news experience as a reporter with an investigative mindset and background
- Ability to be an extremely organized, strategic thinker
- Understanding of target audiences
- Ability to file and follow-up on FOIA and public records
- Clear understanding of journalism rules and laws as well as journalists’ rights to records and meetings
- Understanding of TV promotion concepts
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Ability to be a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of media law
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment
What 4 News Now offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Mentoring and training programs to promote success in your role
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and link!
4 NEWS NOW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-08-24 16:53:18