News 3 Now/WISC-TV/Channel3000.com, Southern Wisconsin’s leading station and digital source for news, is looking for a full-time Maintenance/Janitorial Technician to join our team in Madison, WI. This position is responsible for building and grounds/parking lot maintenance as well as janitorial work in the office and common areas of the station building. This position will receive written work orders or verbal instruction from station management and the ideal candidate is somebody who has experience in building maintenance or a specific trade. The person we are looking for is also highly self-motivated, likes solving problems, and has the desire to be part of a team.
What you’ll do:
- Performs simple maintenance duties to the buildings, grounds, and equipment according to required specifications for safety and appearance
- Completes frequent routine safety checks on buildings, grounds, and equipment
- Conducts routine cleaning of building, floors, windows, restrooms, carpets, trash removal, grounds, sidewalks, trash pick-up, and snow removal
- Performs miscellaneous maintenance activities such as painting, set up and tear down for events, setting up tables and chairs, etc.
- Ensures that all work performed is conducted in a safe and timely manner adhering to standards of cleanliness and effective equipment utilization
- Communicates effectively with station management, other employees, and external vendors to ensure proper follow-through with building projects
What you’ll bring:
- Mechanical ability: Demonstrates aptitude and competence in a broad range of trade skills through the use of hand tools, power tools, and the operation of equipment.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrates the ability to use basic math skills and practical thinking to solve unique problems that may not have been encountered in the past. Looks for innovative solutions and has the confidence to present ideas to the rest of the team.
- Adaptable: Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change, projects a positive demeanor, and shows the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
- Self-Motivated: Able to independently, proactively and creatively seek solutions that meet the needs of the building. Takes initiative and sees a project through to completion.
- This position requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and two years of maintenance experience preferably in an industrial setting.
- Must possess a current and valid motor vehicle operator's license
- Basic computer and mathematics skills
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, crawl, sit, twist, turn, climb ladders, and lift heavy objects
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
We are an equal opportunity employer
Posted on 2020-02-12 11:41:10