WISC-TV/Channel3000.com is actively searching for a Marketing & Promotions Intern to join our team of marketing professionals. We’re looking for a college student who wants to promote real news stories and help increase local viewership, not just simulate the process. We’re offering a hands-on opportunity to build topicals and drive viewers to stories each day and leave with a resume filled with your work while learning all aspects of a television station’s marketing department. Our interns leave our program ready for their first job in marketing with developed skills in promotions, writing, and foundational marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Will work closely with the Creative Services Director (CSD) on concepts and learn how to execution with branding objectives.
- Discussions/prep with the CSD, producers, reporters, and anchors to produce daily promotional content.
- You have a full understanding of the topical process including workflow, writing, producing, and editing.
- Training on Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer and iNews.
- In addition to topicals you will write and produce PSAs, and other similar promotions.
- Prepare topical promo for air.
- Fill traffic logs with promotion inventory when applicable.
- Assist with station sponsored events where applicable.
What you’ll bring:
Strong applicants will be a UW-Madison Junior or Senior in the communications or marketing field.
- The ability to work three-five days per week. We’ll build your internship schedule around your class schedule, but our interns work either first thing in the morning or afternoon into evening.
- Strong writing skills, particularly promotional in tone
- An open mind, attention to detail, and a passion for getting the facts right.
- The ability to meet a deadline.
- A driver’s license and a clean driving record.
This is a paid, part-time (24 hours per week) opportunity
Posted on 2021-08-25 10:59:55