KAPP-KVEW TV, the local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington state, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people-first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KAPP-KVEW TV is seeking an innovative and engaging meteorologist. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organized individual with a strong work ethic to prepare and deliver accurate weather reports on-air and online in a conversational manner. This position is for KVEW-TV in Kennewick, Washington. The fast-growing Tri-Cities area (Kennewick/Pasco/Richland) offers 300 days of sunshine and a great lifestyle for outdoorsy types and proximity to Pacific Northwest hotspots Spokane, Seattle and Portland.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and deliver daily weathercasts utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers
- Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates, interrupting regular programming as necessary
- Report live from event sites
- Make public appearances and volunteer in community projects on behalf of station as needed
- Television commercial remotes
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit, produce and post stories for multiple platforms
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- Sound editorial judgment and broad knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines every day
- Team player mindset
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds
- Experience using iNews preferred
- Ability to edit using Edius preferred
- Experience with Baron Weather System preferred
- NWA and/or AMS seal preferred
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of driven and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below for online application instructions.
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-05-02 16:43:06