WISC-TV/Channel3000.com is on the hunt for a motivated leader to join our team of ambitious journalists in the morning. Our News 3 Now This Morning helps our viewers start their day with the most relevant news in the market. We’re looking for a leader with a vision for the future, who understands morning audiences and how to capture attention. This person will understand our targeted morning strategy and be responsible for its execution.
You could do all of this while working for a family-owned company in one of America’s most livable cities. Madison is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family, one of the best college sports towns, and one of the best places to live, period.
News 3 Now produces more than 40 hours of television news a week, and we embrace coverage through our app, social, web site and streaming video channels resulting in a digital stronghold position in the market. The right candidate will innovate on TV as well as digital and social channels. We expect our coverage to meet consumers where they are and connect with them in convenient ways.
Since 1890, Morgan Murphy Media has been committed to quality journalism. We’ve been honored to win five national Edward R. Murrow Awards from the RTDNA in the past five years, including the top prize for overall excellence in 2016. We are searching for someone that also has an expectation of excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our newsroom leaders to create a strategic plan for the future, focused on a targeted audience. Lead the morning team in executing that plan every day.
- Develop and execute a plan to create new and unique content specifically for the morning show. Work with anchors, reporters, producers and meteorologists to create and promote that content across all platforms.
- Actively engage with our producer and anchor teams to lead day-to-day coverage, create engaging content and set the tone and direction for our forward-looking show.
- Work with multi-media reporters and photographers to select the most meaningful stories for our viewers—including story development, live coverage, and daily assignment of field crews.
- Collaborate with producers on daily rundowns, story placement, and the most creative and engaging presentation of content.
- Create content for our web and digital platforms that will help kick-start an aggressive daily social strategy and help us meet online, social and mobile goals
- Inspire and innovate daily—and know that your attitude and open-mindedness is part of a team that wants to listen and engage with our audience.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Strong command of journalism ethics and the tenets of professional journalism
- Working knowledge of newsroom software, social media, camera equipment, and editing systems
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture, and our community
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 2020-12-23 18:23:15