WKBT News 8 Now has an immediate opening for an experienced Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ) to become our next newsroom leader. We are looking for an engaged, animated communicator to bring their great attitude, professionalism, and unique skill set to our news team. This person is a strong writer, who can tell memorable stories, demonstrate strong news judgement, who is also willing to learn as well as share their knowledge with their colleagues. Our ideal candidate also has anchoring experience and may be tapped to anchor one or more shows per week.
What you’ll do:
- Gather, write, and present news reports for various newscasts including digital platforms
- Shoot and edit video and interviews using PS High-Definition cameras and non-linear editing programs
- Contribute pictures, video, and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day both the field and the station
- Develop a network of sources
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
- Shoot independent live shots
- Complete work as assigned by the news director
What you’ll bring:
- 2-4 years reporting experience/live reporting, preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual storytelling
- Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and social media platforms
- Proficient at posting content to various websites and social media platforms
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. of gear and to sit, walk or stand for long periods of time
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed
- Valid Driver's License
No phone calls please.
WKBT is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on 2021-07-16 17:06:32