KAPP-KVEW TV, the local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington state, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people-first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KAPP-KVEW TV is seeking an innovative storyteller interested in reporting and producing local news. We are looking for self-motivated, highly organized individuals with a strong work ethic who want to learn it all: shooting, writing, editing and live news production. In front of the camera, you will present stories that matter to our community. Behind the scenes, you will create fast-paced, informative and engaging newscasts. It is truly one of those jobs that will be what you make of it – with the possibility of learning more than you ever have before. This position is for KVEW-TV in Kennewick, Washington. The fast-growing Tri-Cities area (Kennewick/Pasco/Richland) offers 300 days of sunshine and a great lifestyle for outdoorsy types and proximity to Pacific Northwest hotspots Spokane, Seattle and Portland.
What you’ll do:
- Enterprise compelling stories for newscasts, website and other platforms
- Shoot and edit video with TV news cameras, digital devices, production software and apps
- Produce, write and coordinate coverage for daily newscasts
- Collaborate with co-workers on the best way to present/report stories
- Create content and write stories for our website, yaktrinews.com
- Produce stories that our target audience will find valuable and relevant to their lives
- Maintain contacts and foster relationships in the community
- Complete work as assigned by the news director
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories
- Spend time producing newscasts as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- Sound editorial judgment and broad knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines every day
- Team player mindset
- Experience using iNews preferred but not required
- Ability to edit using Edius preferred but not required
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of driven and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below for online application instructions.
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-04-09 11:55:55