KAPP/KVEW TV, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KAPP/KVEW TV is seeking a motivated and innovative Multi-Media Journalist to join our newsroom (Yakima/Kennewick, WA). If you are a true storyteller who does not rely on press releases or officials for the news, then this job is for you! It is truly one of those jobs that will be what you make of it. We are looking for motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who are not afraid to hustle. In this job, you will do it all from shooting to writing to editing to reporting live in studio and in the field with the possibility of learning more than you ever have before.
What you’ll do:
- Enterprise viable and compelling stories for newscasts, website and other platforms
- Shoot quality video with digital cameras and cell phones
- Shoot and edit your own videos
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Create content and write stories for our website yaktrinews.com
- Travel 100 miles or more if required to cover story
- Maintain contacts and foster relationships in the community
- Fill in as editor as needed
- Fill in as producer as needed
- May be asked to go out into the community and represent KAPP/KVEW TV
What you’ll bring:
- Two-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in journalism
- Sound editorial judgment and broad knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines every day
- Team player mindset
- Ability to work with Edius video editing system
- Computer literacy, including iNews newsroom computer system
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds
- Conversational Spanish is a plus but not required
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of driven and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
We want excited, passionate journalists with great ideas and the ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom with a great team. Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and link!
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2019-04-11 13:45:02