KAPP/KVEW TV, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KAPP/KVEW TV is seeking a motivated and innovative Multi-Media Journalist to join our newsroom in Yakima, WA. If you are a true story teller who does not rely on press releases or officials for the news, then this job is for you! It is truly one of those jobs that will be what you make of it. We are looking for motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who are not afraid to hustle. In this job you will do it all from shooting to writing to editing with the possibility learn more than you ever have before.
What you’ll do:
- Enterprise viable and compelling stories for newscasts, website and other platforms.
- Shoot quality video with digital cameras and cell phones.
- Shoot and edit your own videos.
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Create content and write stories for our website yaktrinews.com.
- Some stories will require travel of 100 miles or more.
- Maintain contacts and foster relationships in the community.
- May be asked to go out into the community and represent KAPP/KVEW TV.
What you’ll bring:
- 2 year degree or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in journalism.
- Sound editorial judgment & broad knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws are a must.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines every day.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with Edius video editing system.
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer system.
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds.
- Conversational Spanish is a plus but not required.
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of driven and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
KAPP/KVEW is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on 2018-09-25 19:22:10