KXLY4 News, the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
We have an immediate opening for a reporter who will contribute live shots and breaking news to our local newscasts and all of our digital platforms. You'll join a close-knit news family in the beautiful northwest, where you can enjoy a thriving city without the hour-long commute to work. Spokane is surrounded by beautiful scenery, lakes and mountains and has more than enough news to keep a journalist engaged.
What you’ll do:
- Develop assigned stories from news leads
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories
What you’ll bring:
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience; Journalism degree preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
- Ability to edit video on Avid editing systems, or similar equipment
- Possess strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Must demonstrate strong news judgment and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Multi-Media Journalist preferred
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
What KXLY offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Mentoring and training programs to promote success in your role
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
We want excited, passionate journalists with great ideas and the ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom with a great team. Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and link!
KXLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2019-04-15 18:32:57