The Victoria Television Group is looking for a Multi-Skilled Journalist for our news department. This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving, privately held broadcast group and to serve as a newsroom leader.
In this role you'll be asked to set and execute local news stories on a daily basis. You'll be asked to embrace news coverage through our app, social, web site and streaming video channels resulting in a digital leadership position in the market. The right candidate will have a good attitude and be willing to learn it all.
What you'll do:
- Work with department leaders, news director, and newsroom staff to lead local news coverage
- Inspire a team of journalists and production staff to meet a high standard of excellence in a highly competitive marketplace
- Embrace local news coverage through emerging platforms
What you'll bring:
- Four-year degree in journalism, communications or equivalent field required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Strong command of journalism ethics and the tenets of professional journalism
- Working knowledge of newsroom software, social media, camera equipment, and editing systems
What Newscenter25/KAVU-TV offers:
- We're a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
Our company has been in the journalism business since 1890. We are searching for someone who knows what it means to serve a community.
The Victoria Television Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted on 2021-01-06 15:00:34