4 News Now, a Morgan Murphy Media company and the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
Want to work in a newsroom where you have the creative freedom to try new things? Want to produce and present compelling, informative content across all platforms? Come work for 4 News Now. We're looking for a smart, creative, hard-working, team player to join our news team. Your primary job is to help produce one of our fast-paced, successful, engaging newscasts. You’ll work with an experienced team of newsroom managers, producers and anchors – and, alongside a team of excited journalists, always looking for interesting ways to deliver content. We aim to inform and inspire in creative ways and believe in listening to the audience to determine how best to fit their needs. Your work will have meaning, as we strive to connect with our community and tell the stories that truly impact their lives. We’re more about quality and context than story count. Here, everyone’s voice matters in developing our vision and strategy for local news. All this, and you’ll do it in an up and coming city, where you can spend your off hours exploring exciting restaurants, outdoor activities and adventure instead of sitting in your car in a long commute.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, coordinate & organize news coverage into daily newscast
- Write & edit news stories for newscasts
- Format newscasts and execute on-air production
- Coordinate pre-produced elements of newscast live shots
- Be a part of the strategic planning to move newscasts to the next level
What you’ll bring:
- 4 year degree with an emphasis in Journalism, Mass Communications or equivalent
- Critical thinking and a hunger for news
- Prior TV news producing experience
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Possess strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Possess sound news judgment
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Excellent project-management skills and constant attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of media law
What 4 News Now offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and cover letter.
4 NEWS NOW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2020-10-12 17:32:43