4 News Now, a Morgan Murphy Media company and the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
Want to work in a newsroom where you have the creative freedom to try new things? Want to produce and present compelling, informative content across all platforms? Come work for 4 News Now. We're looking for a smart, creative, hard-working, engaged storyteller to serve as our News Content Producer. Your primary job is to produce one of our dynamic, compelling newscasts on our brand-new, state-of-the-art news set. You’ll work with an experienced team of newsroom managers, producers and anchors – and, alongside a team of excited journalists, always looking for interesting ways to deliver content. You’ll also help to develop content for our digital platforms – and mine those platforms for news content that translates to television. Your work will have meaning, as we strive to connect with our community and tell the stories that truly impact their life. We’re more about quality and context than story count. Here, everyone’s voice matters in developing our vision and strategy for local news. All this, and you’ll do it in an up and coming city, where you can spend your off hours exploring exciting restaurants, outdoor activities and adventure instead of sitting in your car in a long commute.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, coordinate & organize news coverage into daily newscast
- Regularly pitch stories and participate in daily content meetings
- Write & edit news stories for newscasts
- Format newscasts and execute on-air production
- Coordinate pre-produced elements of newscast live shots
- Write daily stories for the station website
- Work with producers, anchors, production and technical crews daily
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
What you’ll bring:
- 4 year degree with an emphasis in Journalism, Mass Communications or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience as a Producer preferred
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Sound news judgment and thorough knowledge of media law
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Excellent project-management skills and constant attention to detail
- Experience with newsroom non-linear video editing systems helpful
What 4 News Now offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and cover letter.
4 News Now IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2019-06-04 15:53:45