KXLY4 News, the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned company with a family-minded newsroom. You’ll work in a newsroom that truly believes in our role to serve the community and tell the stories that empower and inform our viewers. You'll also live in a city that's growing and changing, with virtually no traffic and plenty of access to the outdoors.
About this opportunity:
KXLY4 News wants the next photojournalist to add to our staff of experienced photographers, continuing a proud legacy of storytelling in a fast-paced, innovative newsroom. Want to experience the Inland Northwest behind the lens of a camera, capturing compelling news content, incredible views and personal stories? You can have a front row seat to what’s happening, alongside a team of passionate journalists.
What you’ll do:
- Shoot & edit daily TV news stories on Panasonic P2 and edit on AVID
- Set up & shoot live shots
- Work with journalists to develop longform, creative content for broadcast and digital platforms
- Operate ENG live trucks
- Proficiency with live microwave truck operation
- Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research
- Publish photos and videos through social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories
- Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
What you’ll bring:
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience (2+ years of experience as a Photojournalist preferred)
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
- Ability to edit video on editing systems (AVID experience preferred)
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of media law
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
What KXLY offers:
- A supportive, fast-paced, innovative news experience
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Mentoring and training programs to promote success in your role
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? We want excited, passionate journalists with great ideas and the ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom with a great team. Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and link!
KXLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2019-01-30 10:31:40