KAPP/KVEW Local News, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri-Cities market of Washington state, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people-first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KAPP/KVEW Local News is seeking a photographer/editor to join our news team. We’re looking for full time and/or part time motivated and creative visual storytellers who are willing to use traditional and non-traditional means to create compelling content for TV, web and social media. The position is based in our Kennewick newsroom and studio.
What you’ll do:
- Shoot news, feature and sports stories
- Edit stories for newscasts and/or social sharing
- Set up live remote equipment for reporter live shots
- Operate TV studio cameras for live broadcasts
- Collaborate with directors, producers, reporters and anchors
- Create digital content
- Post to station social media accounts
- Archive local news videos
- Maintain news equipment including news vehicles
What you’ll bring:
- Experience operating a news camera
- Non-linear editing experience
- Strong audio, visual and video lighting skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational and newsgathering skills
- Excellent mobile communication skills
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure
- Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds
- Willingness to work beyond normal shifts as necessary to support our news coverage
- LiveU or similar live transmission experience preferred
- TV studio camera experience preferred
- Classroom-based photography education preferred
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of driven and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
We’re looking for excited, creative individuals with great ideas and the ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom with a great team. Click below to apply online. Please include your resume and a link to your video reel of projects you’ve shot and edited.
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-04-05 17:38:20