KAPP/KVEW TV, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri-Cities market of Washington State, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
KAPP/KVEW is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic news producer who can create fast-paced, informative and compelling newscasts that look different every day. You must be aggressive when it comes to breaking news and know how to present stories that capture an audience. Attention to detail, excellent writing skills, solid journalistic judgment and social media experience are vital. This position is for KVEW-TV in Kennewick, Washington. The fast-growing Tri-Cities area (Kennewick/Pasco/Richland) offers 300 days of sunshine and a great lifestyle for outdoorsy types. We are close to Northwest hotspots Spokane, Seattle and Portland.
What you’ll do:
- Produce, write and coordinate coverage for daily newscasts
- Make multiple coverage decisions based on the content gathered that day
- Collaborate with reporters and anchors on the best way to present/report stories
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites
- Research stories and subjects for exceptional and informative news segments
- Produce stories that our target audience will find valuable and relevant to their lives
- Complete work as assigned by the news director
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Leadership experience in a news organization
- Ability to be self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience using iNews preferred but not required
- Ability to edit using Edius preferred but not required
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of driven and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
Click below for online application instructions.
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2020-01-13 12:10:40