KAPP/KVEW TV, your local ABC affiliate in the Yakima/Tri Cities market of Washington State, is part of Morgan Murphy Media. We are a family-owned, people first business and our communities are at the core of what we do and who we are.
About this opportunity:
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to get into a newsroom and gain valuable experience in News Production, then come work for KAPP/KVEW TV at our Kennewick location. We're looking for a part time creative and engaged individual with a passion for broadcasting to be a part of our team. As a member of the news production team, you'll train and work closely with our experienced team members to do everything from creating news graphics to troubleshooting to maintaining the quality and accuracy of our shows. This vital behind-the-scenes position plays a key role as we strive to tell the stories that connect our audience to their community.
What you’ll do:
- Technical direct/direct for all newscasts
- News, promotion and commercial shooting and editing
- Operation of TV studio camera during newscasts
- Ensure a clear, concise and orderly flow of information to those involved during the broadcast
- Coordinate the show’s rundown to reflect production values, such as video, audio and graphic requirements before the production
- Oversee all aspects of the production, whether technical in nature, such as lighting, camera positions, special effects, etc., as well as production values, such as timings, graphics, etc., to ensure a first-rate, quality broadcast before, during and after a broadcast
- Troubleshoot and correct video and audio quality, monitoring all technical operations and maintaining quality and discipline during show productions
- Helps prepare news graphics for show as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and think quickly in a pressure situation
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be available to work all shifts and work any day of the week, possibly on short notice
- Must be flexible and able to handle commercial and promotional projects – both video and graphic content
- Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills to effectively execute delivery of quality news product
- 4-year degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience with: Avid iNews, GVG Edius, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Newtek Operating system preferred
- Ability to edit news as needed preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in television production preferred
What KAPP/KVEW offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of driven and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
We want creative and engaged individuals with great ideas and the ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom with a great team. Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and cover letter.
KAPP/KVEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-04-02 17:46:31