News 3 Now is looking for its next Sports Director to lead our team in one of America's greatest college sports towns. Don't take my word for it -- ask Sports Illustrated. This is a rare opportunity at a quality station in a great sports town.
We are looking for someone to break the mold and connect with local sports audiences in a new way. If you're expecting to cut highlights and anchor a traditional local sportscast, this is not the job for you. We prioritize storytelling, perspective, analysis, and emotion for our viewers who are deeply interested in local, college and professional sports. A big part of the job will be developing and executing a digital sports strategy to build on our award-winning digital platforms.
In this role, you'll manage our sports staff and connect with other newsroom leaders to build on newsroom and station goals. You'll be asked to lead coverage on major sports stories. You'll be asked to be a storyteller which will include shooting and editing. You'll need to work independently to create content and inspire a team to do the same.
Our team already leads the market by providing play-by-play coverage of high school football, basketball, and hockey. You’ll have an opportunity to do the same and help build out a network of live, streaming sports events.
What you’ll do:
- Anchor sportscasts in our 6:00, 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. newscast and lead coverage of major sports events
- Schedule and manage sports staff and develop coverage plans.
- Work with news and station management to set strategy and deliver on audience goals.
- Inspire a sports team to lead the market
- Publish content and engage with audiences through social and digital channels
- Be a champion for storytelling through your work and your expectations of your team
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum four years of experience in sports journalism, previous management experience is a plus
- Four-year degree in journalism, communications or equivalent field preferred
- Ability to present news stories professionally from a TV studio
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Working knowledge of newsroom software, camera equipment, and editing systems
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and to sit, walk or stand for long periods
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and link.
Posted on 2019-09-16 10:17:06