News 8 Now/WKBT-TV, News8000.com, and Phase 3 Digital Agency is looking for a marketing professional with brand-growth skills to lead the Marketing & Promotions department. Overseeing all facets of station promotion and production will be the foundation of this role, but the ability to impact viewership and connect with the entire community through on-air, online, social media and community events is what sets this role apart from other creative marketing roles. There are very few positions like this with a family-owned local media company, and it requires a candidate with a creative eye and the ability to bring innovative ideas to the table every day.
What you'll do:
- Work with the General Manager and News Director to create and execute station brands, most importantly News 8 Now, utilizing cross-platform marketing and design.
- Utilize a digital-first mindset in reaching new viewership demos via all relevant digital platforms, including social media, OTT, apps, and other emerging opportunities.
- Produce captivating daily news topicals, station image campaigns and engaging digital and social messaging to create viewer engagement.
- Collaborate with News and Sales leadership in the planning of promotional strategies and materials for station events and community partnership opportunities.
- Be a multi-tasker. This role requires the ability to see the overall direction necessary to achieve brand goals while maintaining a strong performance of detailed day to day projects.
What you'll bring:
- Associates or B.A. Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience in working in a TV station marketing, agency, media, or production department
- Experience in directing, editing, commercial production, and station promotions
- Fluent in Adobe (Premier, Illustrator, Audition, After Effects and Photo Shop)
- Strong and varied writing skills (scriptwriting, tease writing, social, etc.)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly deadlines
- A strong desire to be eyes and ears for new industry trends and to bring innovative ideas to the table
What News 8 Now/WKBT-TV offers:
- We are a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, culture, and community.
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays)
Are you excited? So are we!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 2021-04-19 12:10:48