4 News Now, the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned, people-first newsroom. The community is at the core of what we do and who we are and we believe it is our duty to inform, but also to inspire.
About this opportunity:
Are you passionate about sports, but believe people and stories are more important than scores and highlights? Are you obsessed with breaking stories on Twitter and connecting to fans on digital platforms? Want to cover the best college basketball team in America as much as telling stories of high school students and paralympians overcoming the odds? This could be your dream job. 4 News Now has an immediate opening for a sports anchor/multi-media journalist in innovative, close-knit newsroom that is committed to journalism and its values. You’ll develop your own stories, shoot games, anchor sportscasts and spread your knowledge and video across all platforms. We’re a newsroom that thrives on growth and teamwork. You'll join a family-owned company in the beautiful northwest, where you can enjoy a thriving city without the hour-long commute to work. Spokane is surrounded by beautiful scenery, lakes and mountains and has more than enough news to keep a journalist engaged.
What you’ll do:
- Write sports stories for newscasts digital platforms
- Shoot, edit, & report live on deadline
- Anchor sportscasts
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites
- Use social media to gather and share information
- Work efficiently independently and with others in the sports department
What you’ll bring:
- 4-year degree with an emphasis on journalism preferred
- Prior experience as a television sports reporter preferred
- Accurate and comprehensive writing, shooting, and editing skills
- Ability and eagerness to develop community contacts and become actively involved in community
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
What 4 News Now offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Mentoring and training programs to promote success in your role
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below to apply on-line and include your resume and link!
4 NEWS NOW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2021-04-01 19:54:48