KXLY4 News, the ABC affiliate in Spokane, Washington, is a family-owned company with a family-minded newsroom. You’ll work in a newsroom that truly believes in our role to serve the community and tell the stories that empower and inform our viewers. You'll also live in a city that's growing and changing, with virtually no traffic and plenty of access to the outdoors.
About this opportunity:
Are you a multi-talented TV journalist looking for your next great job? This is it! KXLY4 News in Spokane, Washington is hiring a weather forecaster/multi-media journalist. This is the perfect job for someone who loves reporting, but also wants to diversify and cover weather as well. Located in the Inland Northwest, Spokane has the benefit of four distinct seasons, with plenty of forecasting to keep things interesting. We also use a brand new, state-of-the-art weather computer to add dimension and viewer interaction to your weather forecasts. You'll stretch your journalist legs, reporting alongside our team of dedicated, award-winning journalists in a competitive news market. Spokane is a fantastic, up and coming city with plenty of outdoor recreation to explore. You'll also enjoy working for a family-owned company in a city where even the longest commute to work takes less than 20 minutes.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and deliver weekend weathercasts utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit, produce and post stories for multiple platforms on deadline
- Report accurately while under pressure and in a conversational voice on TV, radio, and web, using a video camera, laptop, and smartphone
- Publish content and generate story ideas through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
- Use social media to gather and share information
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi-media stories
- Train to operate a microwave truck and VoIP equipment
- Work efficiently independently or paired with a photographer
What you’ll bring:
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Good editorial judgment & broad knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws are a must
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems (iNews)
- Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, meteorology or related field preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a Multi-Media Journalist preferred
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
- Experience with Baron Weather System preferred
What KXLY offers:
- A supportive, fast-paced, innovative news experience
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- We are a team of talented and creative professionals. Who wouldn’t want to work with the best in the business?
- Mentoring and training programs to promote success in your role
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
What’s next? Click below to apply on-line and attach your resume and link!
KXLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on 2019-03-13 13:43:43