News 3 Now/WISC-TV/Channel3000.com, Southern Wisconsin’s leading station and digital source for news, is looking for a talented journalist who can convey weather and news information effectively. On the weekend, the right candidate will lead our weather coverage and deliver forecasts for television, digital and social audiences. During the week, this job will include fill-in weather forecasting and reporting on weather events and some general assignment coverage. We place a priority on enterprise, so knowing how to find and share stories of importance will be an asset. In all roles, creativity, flexibility, and an interest in digital and social media is a must. The right candidate doesn’t necessarily have to be a meteorologist but it certainly wouldn’t hurt either.
Here are a few things you’d be signing up for:
- Prepare and deliver urgent, compelling weather forecasts and presentations that connect across all platforms.
- Aggressively handle severe weather coverage with a priority on clarity and urgency.
- Turning enterprise stories regularly, including developing ideas, shooting, writing, and editing. Our ideal candidate will be both skilled at working with a photographer and as an MMJ depending on the assignment.
- Delivering engaging live reports, especially in breaking news situations.
- Innovating and experimenting with the latest technology in digital. We’d love someone willing to share their ideas on how we can continue to be a leader in digital and social.
- Building sources within our community, and showing you know how to listen to what our viewers are interested in.
Here are a few more job requirements:
- An open mind and a passion for great journalism
- Ability to swing tight deadlines
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- BA/BS in meteorology, journalism or related field
- Experience in both weather forecasting and news reporting is a plus
Are you excited? So are we. Send your resume, salary requirements, and digital link to work samples to email@example.com us and let’s get started!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.channel3000.com
Posted on 2019-12-10 08:04:18