News 3 Now is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter to join our team in one of America's greatest college sports towns. Don't take our word for it -- ask Sports Illustrated. This is a rare opportunity in a great sports town.
We are looking for someone to break the mold and connect with local sports audiences in a new way. If you're expecting to cut highlights and anchor a traditional local sportscast, this is not the job for you. We prioritize storytelling, perspective, analysis, and emotion for our viewers who are deeply interested in local, college and professional sports. We’re looking for someone who wants to tell great stories that transcend the game, both on-air and on our digital platforms.
In this role, you'll help manage our weekend coverage and work with the Sports Director to build on newsroom and station goals. You'll be asked to be part of our coverage of major sports stories. You'll be asked to be a storyteller which will include pitching, writing, shooting and editing your own stories.
You could do all of this while working for a family-owned company in one of America’s most livable cities. Madison is consistently ranked as one of the best places to raise a family, one of the best college sports towns, and one of the best places to live, period.
What you’ll do:
- Anchor weekend sportscasts in our early and late newscasts and help with team coverage of major sports events
- Execute a storytelling strategy, emphasizing coverage of sports stories that transcend the game.
- Work with management to deliver on audience goals and strategy.
- Publish content and engage with audiences through social and digital channels
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum two years experience in sports journalism
- Four-year degree in journalism, communications or equivalent field preferred
- Ability to present news stories professionally from a TV studio
- Proficient at posting content to various websites
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
- Working knowledge of newsroom software, camera equipment, and editing systems
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and to sit, walk or stand for long periods
What News 3 Now/WISC-TV offers:
- We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our culture and our community
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 2021-02-08 19:22:41