WISC-TV/Channel3000.com is actively searching for a Sports Intern to join our team of ambitious journalists. We’re looking for a college student who wants to DO journalism, not watch other journalists. We’re offering a hands-on opportunity to build a reel and resume filled with your work and bylines while learning the positions in a newsroom. Our interns leave our program ready for their first job in any newsroom.
What you’ll do:
• You’ll be a sports reporter in our News 3 Now newsroom.
• You’ll learn how to gather news content for our on-air and digital platforms from start to finish. That means you’ll pitch stories, set up interviews, shoot video, write stories, edit the finished product, and post it all to our website and social platforms.
• Cover local high school and college games/press conferences.
• By the end of the internship, you’ll have a demo reel with your stories that aired, with your voice on track and standups, live shots, and ‘fronted’ stories in our state-of-the-art studio.
What you’ll bring:
• Strong applicants will be a UW-Madison Junior or Senior in the communications or journalism field.
• The ability to work three days per week. We’ll build your internship schedule around your class schedule, but our interns work one weekday, and both Saturday and Sunday. Our typical shift is 3 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. but may be adjusted to cover breaking news or an important story (that you may have pitched!)
• A strong understanding of broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
• An open mind, attention to detail, and a passion for getting the facts right.
• The ability to meet a deadline.
• A driver’s license and a clean driving record.
This is a paid, part-time (24 hours per week) opportunity, and working Fridays and Saturdays is a must.
Posted on 2021-07-06 09:17:05