WKBT, the number one rated news organization in La Crosse, Wisconsin (DMA 125) is looking for an ambitious evening news anchor. The ideal candidate is an experienced journalist with a proven track record of leadership and community involvement who thrives when working with a team and shows strong editorial judgment. We are a newsroom that values creativity, hard work, and enterprise storytelling, and we need an anchor who will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the newsroom, be a mentor to staff members, and help produce content for all our newscasts.
What you’ll do:
- Present news stories and other content for all platforms that is clear, engaging, and meaningful.
- Develop sources and stories within the community.
- Engage with viewers in the community and over social media.
- Assist in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news stories.
- Work with producers and reporters to grow their skills.
- Regularly create original content, develop story ideas and sources, and help generate compelling and understandable newscasts.
- Report from the field as assigned.
- Participate in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Overnights, nights, and weekends may be required.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 1 to 3 years of anchoring and reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related field.
- Smooth and effective delivery of content for live broadcast.
- Strong, demonstrated news judgment.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills.
- Proficiency in story creation and newscast production.
- Understanding of digital/new media platforms and strategy.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience guiding, directing, and motivating others.
- Eye for identifying problems and shaping solutions.
- Familiarity with iNews, AVID video editing software preferred, but not required.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Morgan Murphy Media is a dynamic and progressive family-owned business since 1890 that values our employees, culture, and community. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, it operates television and radio stations, a print magazine, websites, apps, and a digital marketing agency across its seven locations.
Morgan Murphy Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees and our communities.