The Victoria Television Group, a Morgan Murphy Media company, has an immediate opening
for an innovative, audience-minded multi-skilled journalist (MSJ) at KAVU-TV.
You’ll work to produce compelling local news content on CrossroadsToday.com, our app, and
social media platforms owned and operated by The Victoria Television Group. You’ll join a
close-knit news family in the Crossroads close to Houston, Austin, and Corpus Christi.
What you’ll do:
• Create, develop, and produce local news content for KAVU-TV and Crossroads Today
• Work with the news team to formulate a plan that maximizes the success of our local
• Help coordinate targeted special reports on-air and online. Ability to respond to
• Update the news staff daily on news and story information.
• Be creative, flexible, and have an interest in digital and social media.
• Drive audience growth strategy through news initiatives and publishing compelling news
• Proactively seek out and publish content, generate local news story ideas, and promote
Crossroads Today through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
What you’ll bring:
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage multiple projects, adapt to flexible schedules and thrive in a fastpaced deadline driven environment.
• Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Ability to excel under tight deadlines.
What The Victoria Television Group offers:
• We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, our
culture, and our community.
• We are a team of talented and creative professionals.
• Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible
spending account, 401(k), paid time off including vacation, sick, personal days, and
Morgan Murphy Media is an equal opportunity employer