P3DA -Junior Account ManagerFebruary 17, 2023
Multi-Media JournalistFebruary 27, 2023
WISC-TV, News 3 Now – Madison, WI (June-December 2023)
Paid Part-Time Internship
WISC-TV/Channel3000.com is actively searching for a Reporting Intern to join our team of ambitious journalists. We’re looking for a college student who wants to DO journalism, not watch other journalists. We’re offering a hands-on opportunity to build a reel and resume filled with your work and bylines while learning the positions in a newsroom. Our interns leave our program ready for their first job in any newsroom.
News 3 Now produces more than 40 hours of television news a week, and we embrace coverage through our app, social, website and streaming video channels resulting in a digital stronghold position in the market. The right candidate will learn to innovate on TV as well as digital and social channels. We expect our coverage to meet consumers where they are and connect with them in convenient ways.
Since 1890, Morgan Murphy Media has been committed to quality journalism. We’ve been honored to win five national Edward R. Murrow Awards from the RTDNA in the past five years, including the top prize for overall excellence in 2016 and 2021. We are searching for someone that also has an expectation of excellence.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be a reporter in our News 3 Now newsroom.
- You’ll learn how to gather news content for our on-air and digital platforms from start to finish. That means you’ll pitch stories, set up interviews, shoot video, write stories, edit the finished product, and post it all to our website and social platforms.
- Learn how to build sources, find story ideas and break news.
- By the end of the 6-month internship, you’ll have a reporter reel with your stories that aired, with your voice on track and standups, live shots, and ‘fronted’ stories in our state-of-the-art studio.
- You’ll also be a digital content producer as part of our Channel3000.com team
- You’ll learn how to create, curate, write and publish digital content on all of our digital platforms. That includes channel3000.com, our social media channels, and our digital streaming services.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong applicants will be a UW-Madison Junior or Senior in the communications or journalism field.
- The ability to work three days per week. We’ll build your internship schedule around your class schedule, but it will generally include 1-2 weekdays, and 1-2 days during the weekend (but 3 days/week). Our typical shift is 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., but may be adjusted to cover breaking news or an important story (that you may have pitched!)
- A strong understanding of broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- An open mind, attention to detail and a passion for getting the facts right.
- The ability to meet a deadline.
- A driver’s license and a clean driving record.