WKBT Evening AnchorJanuary 27, 2023
Director of Streaming and DigitalFebruary 2, 2023
WKBT News 8 Now, the number one rated station in La Crosse, Wisconsin (DMA 125) is looking for an experienced Weekend Anchor/Senior MMJ who is ready to take the next step in their career. If you are a strong, engaged, and animated communicator who wants to cover the stories that matter from the field as well as the anchor desk, this is the opportunity for you.
Here’s what our ideal candidate needs to know:
- WKBT is the type of station where you can share your passion with other like-minded storytellers, advance your career, and make an immediate contribution.
- We will provide you with the opportunity to grow as a storyteller, do great live shots and lead in the digital landscape.
- You may be tapped to serve as fill-in anchor for other shows as needed.
- We provide regular, constructive feedback from an experienced team and an outside storytelling coach.
- You’ll need a passion to look beyond an event or press release to provide context to the stories you’re assigned.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a photographer on a regular basis and will not do your own live shots.
- We love innovation when it comes to workflow, content, and training, and we want to hear your ideas.
- 2-4 years anchoring/live reporting experience, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual storytelling.
- Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and social media platforms.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites and social media platforms.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. of gear and to sit, walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
Morgan Murphy Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees and our communities.